Renew is Timothy Christian High School’s 8-day term that occurs after Christmas Break and prior to the second semester. The focus of Renew is to engage students in discipleship opportunities through course work, internships, and service and/or travel experience not available to students during the academic semester.
There are three Renew options for Timothy Christian High School students:
- Internships — Juniors and seniors can arrange for an unpaid internship in a work area of interest.
- Courses — Students will have the opportunity to attend unique courses not normally found in the high school curriculum, often with multiple off-campus field trips and experiences.
- Trips — Students can embark on a discipleship or mission trip. Renew trips are domestic and international.
2018 RENEW COURSE GUIDE
DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL TRIP REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Registration for Renew 2018 trips is now open. Students may apply until April 21, 2017 using their Timothy email. The following is the Application Process and Travel Prerequisites.
- Students and parents should carefully read the trip description to be fully informed about the trip, trip sponsors, student cost, and prerequisites.
- The student should complete the online application with parental supervision. However, parents should not complete the application for students.
- Trip Options/Choices: Students will be asked to make a 1st trip choice and a 2nd trip choice. If a student does not meet the prerequisites or the trip is full for their 1st trip choice, the student will automatically be considered for their 2nd trip choice, if one is selected. We encourage all students to select a 2nd choice as we cannot guarantee a spot on the roster of their 1st choice. If a student does not wish to be considered for any trip other than the 1st trip choice, student will select “no 2nd choice” on the application. The student will take classes during Renew 2018.
- On or before April 28, 2017, students and their parents/guardians will receive a response to their application. If accepted, applicants’ FACTS accounts will be charged a $100 application fee. Additionally, accepted applicants and their parent/guardian will receive a letter communicating payments and other necessary details.
- Please note the below prerequisites for travel, which apply until the travel date. Therefore, if any of these prerequisites no longer applies, a student’s travel can be revoked. If a student’s travel is revoked, the student will be responsible for expenses to that point.
- If a student chooses to pull out after their application is accepted, then the student will be responsible for expenses to that point.
- Students and parent/guardian understands that if during on this trip, the student violates any rule of Timothy Christian High School as outlined in the school’s handbook, the student may be sent home at the family’s expense.
- Student must be in good financial standing with their Timothy tuition.
- Students may not have the following disciplinary issues between application acceptance and travel date.
- Student recognizes that the Timothy code of conduct applies on these trips.
- Students meets the requirements of the individual trip coordinators.
- Student/Family agree to abide by the payment schedule.
- Student may be required to pay for travel insurance in addition to trip cost.
- Student’s medical insurance information may be required.
- Students traveling abroad will need to get a passport as soon as he/she is confirmed for the trip.
- Some trips may require an interview.
A $100 deposit will be charged to your family’s Timothy FACTS account if your application has been accepted the beginning of May 2017. An email will be sent to you and the parent/guardian if your application is accepted.
2018 Renew Trips
Dominican Republic Serve (Girls Basketball Team)
- Trip Dates: January 4–11, 2018
- Trip Coordinator: Michele Strube
- Trip Description: We will be doing a sports ministry in the community towards a relationship with Christ and also to draw attention to the local church so families can become more consistent in their faith development. Our team can have a big part in extending Christ’s love through teaching God’s Word, worshipping in song and prayer, and engaging with children through meaningful activities. We will be partnering with GO Ministries for this trip.
- Girls Basketball Team
- Estimated Costs: $1,500
- Trip Dates: January 3–10, 2018
- Trip Coordinators: Robert Venhousen, Becky Hoffman, and Melanie Lumkes
- Trip Description: Honduras Serve is a short-term mission trip during which time students will serve together as a team and minister to children and adults at the orphanage and at six other related ministries in Comayagua, Honduras. There will be aspects of work, service, and time to play and build relationships with the children at the orphanage.
- Max. Number of Students: 30
- Estimated Costs: $1,900–$2,000
New York City Serve
- Trip Dates: Jan. 4–10, 2018
- Trip Coordinator: Trixy Zielke
- Trip Description: Students will stay in New York City (NYC) and work with local ministries as they serve all over the city. Some call NYC “the city that never sleeps.” Because of that, we will have plenty of time for sightseeing after serving. However, we will sleep since we need our energy to serve during the day! We will be partnering with Joshua Expeditions (JE) for this trip. LINK to more detail from JE.
- Estimated Costs: $1,375–1,550
Special Note: Link here to Joshua Expeditions for more information.
Rehoboth, New Mexico
- Trip Dates: January 4–11, 2018
- Trip Coordinators: Mac Wiener and Rachel Mirra Trip Description: Using the historic Rehoboth campus as a base, we will learn about the diverse and fascinating cultures of the Navajo and Zuni peoples, while enjoying its magnificent landscapes. There will be service opportunities both on and off campus to work with and fellowship with the Native American community
- Max. Number of Students: 20
- Estimated Costs: $900–$1,100
Dominican Republic Serve
- Trip Dates: January 4–11, 2018
- Trip Coordinator: Mrs. Baio and Mr. Rink
- Trip Description: We will be doing a children’s ministry in the community towards a relationship with Christ and also to draw attention to the local church so families can become more consistent in their faith development. Our team can have a big part in extending Christ’s love through teaching God’s Word, worshipping in song and prayer, and engaging with children through meaningful activities. We will be partnering with GO Ministries for this trip.
- Estimated Costs: $1,600