Welcome Prospective Teachers!
We hope that you have spent time perusing our school website. If you have, you will understand why it is absolutely critical that Timothy's faculty and staff are dedicated and gifted Christians.
Timothy is committed to a faculty development program that recruits, retains, retools, refreshes and retires personnel with dignity and professionalism.
Why teach at Timothy Christian Schools?
Timothy is building a comprehensive program to recruit, retain, refresh and retool, and retire its professional teaching staff.
- Timothy seeks to recruit and hire staff members who are articulate defenders and models of the Christian faith in thought, word, and deed; love God and love children; are committed to the good work of Christian education in the Reformed Christian tradition.
- Timothy provides Career counseling (either by a professional or in-house) for an ongoing sense of God’s call.
- Timothy provides resources for professional conferences and career advancement.
- Timothy provides in-service opportunities for teachers to learn about and be supported in self-care and personal growth.
- Timothy encourages self-evaluation and professional development which includes short-term and long-term components.
- Timothy continues to fund summer curriculum research projects, collaborative work for teachers who are paid a stipend for their term of service.
Refresh and Retool
- Policies that relate to the retooling and refreshing of teachers include:
- Salary Schedule (which includes the leave of absence benefit)
- Professional Conference Policy
- Professional Advancement Policy
- Education Assistance Program
- Our current Blue Cross Blue Shield plan offers eligible employees a retiree health plan anytime after age 55 if they’ve been employed at Timothy more than 10 consecutive years.