Health, Wellness, & Covid-19
We’re Ready To Welcome Our Students Back To Campus — 5 days a week, all day!
We have a plan to get our students safely back on campus in August. (And we have a remote option, too.)
We will host interactive and informative virtual town hall, or more accurately living room, meetings on August 4, 5, and 6. Keep an eye out for more details, which we will post on our website and push out via email. Additionally, we are intending to share a symptoms checklist for parents, a decision tree regarding quarantine protocols, possible coaching on helping young children wear masks as needed, etc. (We are waiting on the health department for some of this.) In other words, in early August we will provide plenty of detail! If you have questions unique to your family, please reach out to your building principal.
We’ve all seen significant uncertainty over the last several months, and clearly there are questions about the future as well. It seems likely that an abundance of questions will persist as decision-makers across the country go back-and-forth. Timothy will respond swiftly and yet responsibly every step of the way, and it is important to remember that this is temporary. For now, please take some time to carefully review the FAQ's below for pertinent information related to the 2020-2021 school year.
In summary, please know that we are working around the clock on behalf of your family. We know these are important decisions, and our prayers are with each home in this process. We humbly ask that you remain a part of Timothy Christian Schools. Although we have spent countless hours in planning and preparation, it remains our conviction that the #1 thing we can all do is pray. Mark 9:23 Our mission has never been more urgent and important. There are forces at work against Christian education and Biblical truth...and these same forces want to invade the hearts and minds of our young people. Timothy Christian Schools stands in the gap and fights alongside the home. For the glory of God, we stand with you. Press on, Timothy. Psalm 121
Please review our Health Plan Summary, Education Plan Summary, and FAQ's below.
- Will Timothy students be on campus?
- What will look different for on campus/in-person learning?
- Will Timothy offer a remote learning opportunity this fall?
- Will Timothy offer bus service this year?
- If face coverings are allowed to be optional, what will be Timothy’s policy?
- Is there a chance the state could mandate “rolling outages” of schools or even a complete campus shut-down again?
- If I choose remote learning, do I get a discount?
- In the event the State mandates remote learning for everyone, will tuition be reduced?
- What about athletics, performing arts, and other extracurricular and/or co-curricular activities?
- If I choose remote learning, can my child(ren) still participate in extracurricular activities/sports?
- Can I customize my own plan for my child(ren), weaving in-and-out of in-person and remote learning?
- If I choose remote learning at the onset, how quickly can I switch to in-person?
- What about MTSS during this [temporary] COVID phase of schooling?
- What if my child is a higher risk, but I’d like to discuss in-person plans and health protocols with someone?
- Why did Timothy choose to have screening done at home instead of at school? And how will this be handled?
- How are you going to ensure parents and employees are truthful when they complete the daily health screenings?
- What if we’ve been exposed to someone who thinks they have COVID-19? Can my child(ren) return to campus while they wait for the results?
- What if a Timothy student or employee tests positive for COVID-19?
- Will Timothy conduct contact tracing?
- When should I notify Timothy of our intentions for August 19th?
View Timothy's complete 26-page health, Safety, and Wellness plan.
The Illinois State Board of Education in concert with the Illinois Department of Public Health has released their plans for on-campus learning. LINK: IDPH & ISBE STARTING THE 2020–21 SCHOOL YEAR
Questions about Timothy's health plan? Please contact Erica Plaisier, School Nurse.
Research & Guiding Documents
A PLAN TO SAFELY REOPEN AMERICA’S SCHOOLS AND COMMUNITIES Guidance for imagining a new normal for public education, public health and our economy in the age of COVID-19 (From American Federation of Teachers May 2020)
CDC Reopening Decision Tree (May 2020)
According to the Restore Illinois plan for opening education in Phase 3 and Phase 4, it says, “With IDPH approved safety guidance.” The most current guidance can be found here.
Also within the IDPH guidance is a link to the CDC guidance. Scroll down to the last two sections in the document; those are the most helpful at the current time and with Timothy’s vision of reopening in the fall.