Go Beyond Expectations; Meet Needs
School truly becomes an extension of home as parents and teachers pray for students, share a Biblical worldview, and remain in lock-step, as they seek to train and equip students for life.
Full day kindergarten: 8:15 am-2:52 pm
Half-day morning kindergarten: 8:15 am-noon
Progressive begins the school year as a morning half-day, but will gradually add full days over the course of the year. This gradual increase of the school day helps prepare students for a full day of first grade. The Progressive Kindergarten schedule is:
November: students attend school for one full day each week (Wednesday) along with four half days.
January: students attend school for two full days each week (Monday and Wednesday) along with three half days.
March: students attend school for three full days each week (Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday) along with two half days.
Kindergarten Program Features
- Illinois certified teachers with a Master’s in Early Childhood Education
- Individual, small group, and whole group instruction
- Play-based learning activities
- Classroom learning centers: art, blocks, dramatic play, literacy, math, science, and writing
- Curriculum-related field trips
- Hot lunch available for full day students
- Parent volunteer opportunities
- Art, library, music, and physical education are taught weekly
- Academic Support
- Enrichment Program
- Bus Service (in the morning and afternoon, there is no mid-day service)
- After school care