International Student Program
We welcome international students
We have established our World View international student program to increase cultural diversity on our campus. Together we extend and deepen our global awareness and appreciation for all of God’s creation. Timothy is located in the western suburbs of Chicago with easy access to the downtown area of Chicago, Chinatown, and O’Hare Airport.
"This is My final year at Timothy, and I have to say, there is so much to be missed next year when I go off to college. I will miss the small class sizes and all my extracurricular clubs, Worldview, Mock Trial, WYSE, and Tennis. I will miss all my teachers who only show love and encouragement to their students. I will miss all my classmates and my friends who I have grown so close to. I will miss the gym and sport games, the library and all those after-school studying memories, the auditorium with all the best shows and the best sermons, and the fields for all the sport teams. I will miss Timothy Christian and all its memories. It has been a wonderful three years."
—Yanni Gu, Class of 2018
THE TIMOTHY ADVANTAGE FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- College Preparatory Classes: 100% college acceptance rate
- Strong Academic Rigor: AP, Dual Credit, Honors and more
- College and Career Guidance
- Half price discounts on all online classes with a grade of C or better
- Monthly Activities (indoor skydiving, virtual reality, etc)
- Mentor Program (HS Faculty member)
- Academic Support, ESL, Tutoring
- Host Families Available
- Renew: Unique January term (Internships Available)
- ACT/SAT class preparation fees covered
- Birthday lunches of your choice
- Specific counseling for individual needs
- Within 20 minutes of Chicago O’hare International Airport
- Access to local prestigious universities (University of Chicago, Northwestern, U of I)
- Application (must also include mailing address and phone number of person authorized to receive mail on behalf of applicant)
- Copy of Passport
- Transcripts (two most recent years) If in language other than English, must provide an official translation.
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- English Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or , iTEP Slate Plus)
- Student’s Introductory Essays (written in English)
- Pictures (student, family) with Captions
- Application Fee ($250)
Minimum English Proficiency Scores
- iTEP Slate Plus- 5 (or 4.5 depending on sub-scores)
- TOEFL IBT- 65 Minimum -depending on sub-scores
- IELTS- 5.5
- TOEFL Jr. 845
The World View International Student Program exists to build relationships and foster understanding between diverse cultures. No role is more important than that of our host families. While our high school can offer an authentic American high school experience, through our host families we can provide a unique Christian family experience to our international students. Whether they are hosting for a school year or during our short term summer programs, the importance of our host families cannot be overstated.
Families from the Timothy community decide to host for a variety of reasons. Some are looking to provide a cross-cultural experience for their own family, while others have a desire to minister to young people with all that God has blessed them. From families with school-age children to empty-nesters, families in all seasons of life are welcome!
If you have any questions or would like more information about our International Student Program or becoming a host family, please contact our International Program Director, Mr. Ryan DeKoekkoek at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will be happy to assist you!
Timothy is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.