630-530-9366 Transportation Emergencies
If you have signed up for bus service, you will receive a bus schedule via email by August 15. A transportation representative, Donna Eakley, will also be available in the grade school gymnasium during the GS/MS Meet the Teachers event from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm on August 19.
To contact the transportation department, please call 630-782-4076, or email email@example.com. If you need to contact the First Student dispatch desk during the daily bus routes, you can call 630-530-9366. There is no need to contact transportation if your child is not riding the bus.
Timothy Christian partners with you to make the daily family logistics of getting to and from school simpler. We make busing available to a wide geographic area, from Wheaton to Chicago, from Woodridge to Franklin Park. Timothy customizes its bus routes every year to best meet the needs of our community, and in most cases can transport your child to-and-from school. Every busing situation is unique so please contact us for more information about your specific circumstances.
Pick-up & Drop-off Guidelines
Welcome back from summer break to the 2019-2020 school year! Please review the bus route sheet with your children’s information. In attempting to keep start times for all the routes as late in the morning as possible, there have been several group stops added. Please review this information carefully, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience this may bring. Please notice that your child’s Bus number may have changed since last year as well. If your child has been added to a group stop, then they were put on the route that is closest to your address, and this may be a different route than last year.
We pray for blessings to all families on the beginning of this new school year. If I can be of service to you or your children, or if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, and my phone number here is (630)-782-4076. If I am not in, please leave me a message, as I receive my voice mail messages on my e-mail as well, and I will get back with you as soon as possible. First Student’s contact number is (630)-530-9366.
The guidelines listed below will assist in bridging the transition every day from home to school and back. Please review these safety and bus conduct rules with your children.
- Children are to be at the bus stop a few minutes prior to their pick-up time. Please keep in mind that bus stops are at corners or at the end of driveways. Many drivers have said that students are waiting inside their house or cars. This makes it especially difficult for substitute drivers to find stops if there are no students waiting for them.
- The bus will not leave the stop early, but if the bus is on time and no students are there, it will leave to go to the next stop. If children miss the bus, please go to the next stop. The bus driver will not pick up unless at a designated stop.
- Students 6th grade and under will not be let off the bus in the afternoon without a parent present. If you would like to give your student 6th grade or younger permission to get off the bus without a parent present, please complete this form.
- Afternoon drop off times can fluctuate depending upon which students ride in the afternoon. Parents should plan on being at afternoon bus stops approximately 10 minutes earlier then times given on route sheets. Children who are not met by a parent or a designated adult, will be kept on the bus and brought back to Timothy’s After School Care Program, located in the elementary school. Contact number for them is (630)-833-4717. Charges will be incurred for this service.
- Children riding home with a friend are to give the bus driver a note that has been stamped by the school office. The note should include the child’s full name, the name of the child they are riding home with, date they are riding with friend, a contact phone number, and parent signature. Only 2 friends with notes per child for each bus ride. Children will not be allowed on a different bus or dropped off at a different bus stop without a parent note, or a note from the school office.
Please allow 10 school days for any change requests submitted to the transportation department. Most changes will be added to existing stops on routes.
Here are some bus rules and behavior conduct to go over with your children.
1. Remain seated while the bus is moving, only getting up when the bus is at your bus stop and the door has been opened
2. Talk in a normal tone of voice, remembering to be quiet at all railroad crossings
3. Keep your hands to yourself and your things, respecting the rights and property of others
4. Be an encourager with your words and actions towards other students and the driver – Ephesians 4:29, I Thessalonians 5:11
5. Respect the driver and the driver’s instructions as he/she is the one who is in authority while you are on the bus-Romans 13:1-5, I Peter 5:5
1. Chew gum, or eat or drink on the bus
2. Throw anything in the bus, or out the window, keeping windows only to white line, and hands inside
3. Yell, shout or chant
4. Involve yourself in any offensive activity-Ephesians 4:31, 32
5. Damage the bus or leave any garbage behind
Behavioral issues on the bus that are written up by the driver, will go from First Student to Timothy Administration for review and possible disciplinary action to be taken, including assigning seats, and/or parent notification.
Please take note that all routes will have a Wednesday 15 minute late start as indicated on the school calendar. There are also four 1 hour late starts indicated on the school calendar-take note of these dates.
Thank you, and we look forward to a great year together!
In Christ’s Service,