Timothy Christian High School
Timothy Christian Schools in Elmhurst, Illinois, is seeking applicants for the following positions for the 2020-21 school year:
- Full – Time Mathematics Teacher
- Must have Type 09 certification
- Must have endorsement to teach High School Mathematics
Interested applicants should contact Principal Brad Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the teacher application.
Director of Student Life – Secondary School
The Director of Student Life will work with many members of our community: parents, students, teachers, and administration. This person will provide leadership by supporting the teachers who supervise co-curricular groups, clubs, and teams. This person will also assume the role traditionally considered the “dean of students,” ensuring that students follow school rules and, if not, will implement appropriate restorative practices, based on the situation. This person will also be a member of the teacher support team and will work with teachers to implement best practices in their classroom. Finally, this person will work with our educational support team to help develop and implement multi-tiered systems of support for student behavior.
- Student discipline
- Help facilitate school safety as well as organize, monitor, and record required school safety drills (fire, tornado, and lockdown drills)
- Provide leadership for teacher activity sponsors
- Be a member of the educational support team
- Conduct formal teacher observation and provide feedback on educational best practice
- Provide supervision of hallways, lunchroom, parking lots, and some supervision of after-school activities
- Develop student leadership in co-curricular activities
- Professional Educators License with Supervisory Endorsement (formerly Type 75) preferred
- Experience as a teacher leader or administration experience preferred
- Experience with restorative justice practices preferred
- Knowledge of the utilization of an MTSS approach to support student behavior preferred
We will be accepting applications until Friday, March 13, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact Brad Mitchell at email@example.com and complete the Director of Student Life application here.