We made it through week 1! I want to thank you all for your patience and perseverance through this first week. Overall, I think it was a successful week and I hope you feel the same way. As we continue to progress through the semester, I am confident our remote learning system will only get better and smoother for you all as well as for our teachers. I do welcome your feedback and would appreciate any insight (positive and constructive) you can provide as you reflect on this first week of school.
As we look forward to next week I wanted to provide you with a few reminders and helpful resources:
- Please remember to complete the student health check each day before the start of school. Even if you are doing fully remote learning, this is an important part of the over health plan of the school. Here’s the link if you need it: Daily student health check.
- You are expected to attend each of your classes at the appropriate time and period. Teachers are taking attendance. If you are having issues logging into a particular class’s Google Meet, please email your teacher right away and cc’ me. You do NOT need to check-in for any study halls.
- As a reminder, you can access the google meets via each class’s Canvas page or by going to meet.google.com and entering the teacher’s last name as the name of the meet.
- 2020-2021 Daily Bell Schedule: The daily bell schedule has changed a bit from previous school years, so please be sure you are looking at the correct schedule each day of the week. I suggest printing or bookmarking the daily bell schedule for your reference.
- Accessing Canvas: All students should be accessing Canvas throughout the day to stay on track with assignments and view recordings of class sessions. Parents, you can access Canvas as well by following these directions: Canvas - Parent Observer. I encourage all parents to become familiar with Canvas and be proactive in helping your student stay on track in each of their classes.
- Focus Period: If you haven’t already, please take the time to watch the video Mr. Mitchell created regarding Focus Period this year. While remote learners do not need to check-in for Focus Period if you’re using it as a study hall, you are encouraged to use this time to get support from your teachers. You can sign up for a Focus Period session via the Focus Period website: https://timothychristian.focusperiod.com/.
- Chapel: One of the best parts about Timothy is connecting with each other and the Lord during chapel. I strongly encourage you to make the Tuesday and Thursday chapels a priority in your day. If you didn’t see yesterday’s chapel, here is the link: TCHS First Chapel of the Year. Chapel will always be live on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11:38AM on the Timothy Christian Schools YouTube page.
I pray you all have a wonderful, restful weekend. As always, if you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Director of College and Career
Timothy Christian Schools