Planned gifts offer you smart and powerful ways to increase the impact of your gifts to Timothy Christian Schools – often while benefiting your family, too. By understanding the available options, you can multiply the end results of your generosity in ways that are simple, flexible, cost-effective and extraordinarily powerful.
To learn more about planned giving or other smart and powerful giving options, please contact Robert Venhousen by email or phone at 630.782.4072.
Gifts in a Will
When you give a gift (also known as a bequest) to Timothy Christian Schools in your will, you help ensure that Timothy's mission of developing courageous leaders who live out their purpose for Christ will continue well beyond your lifetime.
Benefits of Gifts in a Will:
- Legacy: Extend the impact of your generosity well beyond your lifetime.
- Availability: Retain access to your resources for your lifetime or for as long as you need them.
- Capacity: You can potentially make the largest gift you’ll ever have the ability to give.
Examples of Non-Cash Assets
- Stock or marketable securities
- Real estate
- Business interests
- Farm commodities
- Life insurance
- Retirement benefits
Benefits of Giving Non-Cash Assets
- Tax-wise: Receive a fair market value deduction at the time of your gift and avoid tax liability on the sale of appreciated assets.
- Eliminate hassles: Give assets that you no longer need or want to manage (such as rental properties or vacation homes) for the benefit of Timothy.
Income for Life: Lifetime Income Agreements
Lifetime income agreements – such as charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts – are wonderful solutions for those who wish to give to Timothy Christian Schools in a substantial way, but are concerned about having enough income. You can give cash or other property, and receive steady income for the rest of your life (or a designated number of years). The remainder will benefit Timothy.
Benefits of Lifetime Income Agreements
- Win-win: Support Timothy while securing income payments for life or a designated number of years.
- Eliminate hassles: Give assets that you no longer need or care to manage (such as rental property or vacation homes) to benefit God’s Kingdom.
- Tax-wise: Receive an immediate income tax deduction at the time of your gift and reduce capital gains tax when funding your gift with appreciated assets.
How much will your payments be? The answer depends on a number of factors, including your age and the type of lifetime income agreement you choose. Use this free online tool to calculate your potential income.
Through Timothy’s membership with Barnabas Foundation, you have complimentary access to the Stewards Fund, a donor-advised fund that reflects your Biblical values. Since 1976, Barnabas Foundation has helped thousands of individuals and families give more effectively to the ministries close to their hearts. They’ll help you accomplish the greatest good with your generosity – for your family and for God’s Kingdom – through tax-wise charitable giving.
Donor-advised funds provide you with a simple, flexible, and tax-efficient giving opportunity. Receive an immediate tax deduction when you deposit cash or proceeds from appreciated assets into a single charitable giving account. Then, recommend grants be made to Timothy Christian Schools and your other favorite charities at a time that works best for you.
Benefits of Using the Barnabas Stewards Fund
- Timing: Receive an immediate tax deduction at the time you make a gift into the Stewards Fund. Then, at a time that works best for you, advise the Barnabas Foundation how you wish your gifts to be distributed to Timothy and other ministries close to your heart.
- Flexibility: Grants can be requested at any time of the day using the Barnabas Foundation’s convenient online grant system. You may choose to give in one-time or recurring increments, and you may choose to designate your gift to meet specific organizational needs at Timothy.
- Simplicity: Simplify your giving and record-keeping by making all gifts of cash, stocks, or appreciated assets from a single account.
- Privacy: You can choose to make any or all grants to Timothy anonymously.
- Expertise: Benefit from the knowledge and expertise of the Barnabas Foundation staff who will manage and liquidate your non-cash asset gifts.
- Cost-effective: Many families choose to use their Stewards Fund account as a cost-effective alternative to establishing a private foundation.