Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP)
The TRIP program is an easy way to reduce your tuition at no cost to you by purchasing gift cards for use at stores, restaurants, on-line retailers and other places of business. Each vendor has a “rebate” or percent of your total order that will be returned to you as a tuition credit. The money earned on each participating family’s account will be held by Timothy and credited to your tuition account twice each year or it will be held to be applied at a later date if you are a future family.
Timothy applies TRIP credits to reduce tuition only, not any other fees. When establishing your spending plan for the upcoming school year, plan to use personal funds for capital maintenance or any miscellaneous fees.
All TRIP orders must be placed online at shopwithscrip.com. A Presto Pay account linked to a checking account is required for payment. The Timothy TRIP program does not accept checks for payment, so please be sure to always select Presto Pay at checkout or your order will automatically be canceled.
Trip Calendar for Gift Cards
Orders are due by 8am on the following Mondays and will be ready in the Business Office after 8:30am on the pick up date.
- Due Monday, December 12 – Pickup Thursday, December 15
- Due Monday, January 9 – Pickup Friday, January 13
- Due Monday, January 23 – Pickup Friday, January 27
- Due Monday, February 6 – Pickup Friday, February 10
- Due Monday, February 20* – Pickup Friday, February 24
- Due Monday, March 6 – Pickup Friday, March 10
- Due Monday, March 20 – Pickup Friday, March 24
- Due Monday, April 3 – Pickup Friday, April 7
- Due Monday, April 17 – Pickup Thursday, April 20
- Due Monday, May 1 – Pickup Friday, May 5
- Due Monday, May 15 – Pickup Friday, May 19
* non-school day, but orders are still due by 8am
- Go to shopwithscrip.com and complete the family enrollment form. The enrollment code is F79761AE3561
- After you have completed your registration, go to your home page and click on Presto Pay on the left side of the page. You will need to enter your checking account information for payments. Then follow the instructions from Presto Pay. You must be signed up for Presto Pay to place online orders. It takes a few days for Presto Pay to be active, so please do not wait until the last minute!
- It is your responsibility to notify the TRIP coordinator of any changes to your account. For example, changing from current to future family. The change will take effect when we are notified in writing.
- If you would like your regular TRIP orders sent home with a student, please email email@example.com with your name, the student’s name and permission to send the orders with the student. We are not responsible for lost orders, so please consider this when deciding to have orders sent home.
- TRIP accounts that have no activity for 12 months or more will be considered inactive and the funds will be transferred to the General Tuition Assistance Fund.
- The administration fee for TRIP is 5% of the total rebate amount before the tuition credit is applied. For example, if the tuition credit earned is $100 then $5 will be deducted to cover administration costs. Administration costs for TRIP include online subscription fees, shipping, envelopes, supplies, etc.
- Current Timothy students:
- Tuition reduced by amount earned each January and May.
- TCS also sends a written statement reflecting the tuition credit.
- Future Timothy students: Timothy holds the tuition credit until the student enrolls.
- Current student leaves Timothy:
- Family has 60 days after student’s departure to send letter notifying Timothy of another Timothy family to whom to transfer funds to.
- If Timothy receives no instructions credit goes to the General Tuition Assistance account.
- Gift cards are the same as cash. Neither Timothy nor the TRIP volunteers are responsible for lost or stolen cards.
- Gift cards are non-returnable and non-exchangeable.
- Use the gift cards in a timely manner. TRIP is not responsible for unused cards purchased for retailers no longer in business.
- Orders not picked up after 12 months return to TRIP.
- Timothy requires a $25.00 fee for declined ACH transactions from online orders. Two insufficient funds notices will result in suspended TRIP privileges for the remainder of the school year.
- TRIP payments are not tax-deductible because the card value equals the amount paid (dollar for dollar).
- Check your order immediately upon receipt and notify the TRIP coordinator of any discrepancy.
- Retailers, their discounts and increment amounts are subject to change without notice.